Alprazolam 1mg is an anxiolytic drug belonging to a group called benzodiazepines. Alprazolam 1mg is used mainly to treat anxiety and panic attacks has a very bad side effects profile.
|Xanax alprazolam 1mg generic tablets||Sleep disorder|
|£23 – £296|
There are some warnings you need to know before starting alprazolam:
- Alprazolam 1mg can cause slowed or trouble breathing and even death if used concurrently with Opioid drugs like codeine, oxycodone, and morphine. Opioids drugs are used to manage pain and sometimes cough. If you are feeling sleepy or dizzy or have trouble breathing while taking both drugs, seek immediate medical advice.
- Using benzodiazepines including alprazolam is associated with a high risk of addiction, misuse, and abuse especially with higher doses and prolonged use. These problems can be a potential cause for death and the risk increased if alprazolam used with alcohol or street drugs. Addiction can happen even with the usual doses prescribed by the doctor. Ask for help if you had any changes in mood or behavior, trouble breathing, seizures, or suicidal thoughts or actions.
- You must be observed closely to avoid become addicted or misuser or abuser to this drug.
- Alprazolam 1mg is associated with dependence. Sudden stopping or fast lowering of the dose can lead to withdrawal symptoms and this condition could be life-threatening and increased with a longer duration of therapy and high doses. If you stopped alprazolam or reduce doses, watch out for the withdrawal symptoms which include:
- trouble controlling body movements
- changes in behavior or mood like or thoughts of suicide, depression
- thoughts of harming someone
- hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there)
- losing contact with reality
- moving around or talking a lot
- trouble with memory, learning, or focusing;
- trouble sleeping
- burning, numbness, or tingling
- weakness, shaking, muscle twitching
- ringing in the ears
Withdrawal signs take several months to subside and last up to one year, talk with your doctor if you have one of them.
your doctor must know before taking the drug if you:
- Have glaucoma.
- taking any of these antimicrobial: itraconazole, Clarithromycin, or ketoconazole, as those drugs, increase the level of alprazolam and cause more side effects.
- are breastfeeding.
You must tell your doctor about any other health problems you have and did not mention here and also any drugs you are taking including (OTC, herbal drugs, vitamins, and natural products).
- If alprazolam 1mg does not work as well after a long time or at high doses do not increase the dose by your self don’t take more than prescribed as this can lead to overdose, alprazolam use can be associated with what is called tolerance.
- Avoid doing activities that required a high level of alertness until you see how this drug will affect you
- Avoid other CNS (central nervous system) depressant drugs and herbals like marijuana, cannabis and also you should stop drinking alcohol.
- Use alprazolam with caution if you are older than 65 years.
- Avoid grapefruit juice while you are taking alprazolam.
- As your doctor about alprazolam If you have phenylketonuria (PKU).
- The dose of alprazolam 1mg may be changed if you start or quit smoking, talk with your doctor or pharmacist about that.
- Do not take alprazolam 1mg while you are pregnant as it can cause harm to unborn babies.
Side effects you should monitor:
All drugs can cause side effects, side effects vary between people and the severity is different from person to person and sometimes depends on the dose.
Call your doctor if you have any of this:
- An allergic reaction can appear like trouble breathing or peeling skin with or without fever, rash, tightness in the chest or throat, wheezing, red, swollen, blistered skin, swallowing, unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, throat, shives, itching.
- Signs of depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts emotional ups and downs, abnormal thinking, or lack of interest in life
- Change in balance
- Shortness of breath
- Very bad dizziness or passing out
- Feeling confused
- Memory problems or loss
- Trouble speaking
- Trouble passing urine
- Trouble controlling body movements
- Muscle twitching
- A fast heartbeat
- Blurred eyesight
- Period (menstrual) changes
- Feeling dizzy, sleepy, tired, or weak
- Dry mouth
- Feeling more or less hungry
- Constipation, diarrhea, throwing up, or upset stomach
- Change in sex interest
- Sex problems
- Weight gain or loss
- Trouble sleeping
- Sweating a lot
How to take alprazolam 1mg ?
- Take with or without food, read all the instructions before use, don’t take more than the prescribed doses.
- If you missed a dose take it as soon as you remember, but if close to the next dose skip it. Don’t take a double dose anyway.