Know what lyrica is, indications, and dosage.
|Lyrica pregabalin 150mg generic||Pain relief|
|£23 – £107|
Lyrica is a prescription drug used mainly in adults and was first FDA approved on December 30, 2004. Lyrica is the brand name of pregabalin. This medication works on the chemicals in the brain responsible for the pain sensation. It is used mainly to reduce the neuropathic pain associated with many cases.
LYRICA is indicated for:
- Neuropathic pain associated with diabetes mellitus
- Neuropathic pain after a spinal cord injury
- Postherpetic neuralgia (Pain caused by Shingles-herpes zoster)
- Pain associated with Fibromyalgia
- Adjunctive therapy for the treatment of some types of seizures (partial seizures with or without secondary generalisation)
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder in adults.
Dosage and administration
Lyrica capsules come in strengths of 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 225, and 300 mg. This variability is important for proper dosing.
The dose range is 150 to 600 mg pregabalin daily, taken in divided doses (two or three) and usually starting and discontinuation of this medication should be gradual.
a dose of 150 mg daily (in two to three divided doses) can be given as a starting dose. Gradually the dose may be increased to 300 mg per day according to the case response and tolerability. The dose could be increased after 3 to 7 days from the start of the treatment. Your doctor also may give you a dose of 600 mg daily after another time interval.
Generalised anxiety disorder
The dose range is Lyrica capsules 150 to 600 mg pregabalin daily, taken in divided doses (two or three). The need for treatment should be reassessed regularly.
a dose of 150 mg daily (in two to three divided doses) can be given as a starting dose. the dose may be increased to 300 mg per day according to the case response and tolerability. The dose could be increased after 7 days from the start of the treatment. After an additional week the dose may be adjusted to 450 mg per day Then a dose of 600 mg (maximum dose) per day may be achieved after another week.
A dose of 150 mg daily (in two to three divided doses) can be given as a starting dose. The dose may be increased to 300 mg per day according to the case response and tolerability. The dose could be increased after one week from the start of the treatment. Your doctor also may give you a dose of 600 mg (maximum dose) daily after another week.
Discontinuation of pregabalin
If your doctor decides to stop using pregabalin, it is recommended to do so gradually over enough period. It should take 1 week at minimum regardless of the indication.
Who should not take LYRICA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with Lyrica capsules. Inform your doctor if you have any of the following:
chronic heart failure
acute decompensated heart failure
decreased lung function
chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
chronic kidney diseases of stages 3A, 3B stage 4, and stage 5.
rhabdomyolysis (muscle tissue breakdown)
muscle pain or tenderness with increase creatine kinase
fluid retention in the limbs
angioedema (allergic reaction)
reduced visual acuity
- This medication could cause allergic reaction, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you developed such an allergy before. Tell them also if you have allergies to any substances. Inactive ingredients contained in the formulation (any substance other than the drug) can also cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- You shouldn’t drink alcohol along with Lyrica capsules use, you may develop excessive drowsiness.
- Pregabalin may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Also it may affect your vision. If you have to drive, make sure you are alert enough.
- This medication may cause blurred vision. If you notice any changes in the vision, tell your doctor instantly.
- Also Inform your doctor if you develop changes in mood; depression or agitation, suicidal thoughts or behaviornew or worsening symptoms.
- Do not stop taking this drugs without consulting your doctor. If you cut off pregabalin suddenly, it may worsen your underlying condition.
Pharmastores, a safe place to get your drugs. Never miss a dose. Fast and cheap shipping is guaranteed.
This is a part of what you should know about Lyrica capsules.