|Lyrica pregabalin 150mg generic||Pain relief|
|£71 – £107|
Lyrica drug is FDA approved to treat:
- Peripheral and central neuropathic pain:
Lyrica drug is used to treat the pain caused by nerves damage. Many diseases can cause peripheral neuropathic pain including diabetes. This pain causes a sensation of hotness, sharpness, numbness, and needles.
Peripheral and central neuropathic pain can also arise due to sleep disturbances, mood changes, and fatigue. This pain highly affects physical health conditions and the overall quality of life.
Lyrica drug is used to treat a certain type of epilepsy (seizures with or without secondary generalization) in adults. Lyrica is prescribed to epileptic patients whose current treatment is not controlling the condition.
Lyrica is not used alone but always should be taken in combination with other anti-epileptic treatments.
- Generalized anxiety disorder:
Lyrica drug is used to treat generalized anxiety disorder (GAD). The symptom of GAD is severe anxiety that is difficult to be controlled. GAD leads to difficulty in concentration, feeling of irritability, muscle cramps, and sleep disturbance.
- Pain caused by fibromyalgia
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor or a pharmacist before taking Lyrica drug, as you may feel one or more of the following reactions:
- Lyrica drug may cause symptoms of allergic reaction such as face swelling, lips, tongue, and throat. Contact your physician immediately if you experience any of these reactions.
- Lyrica drug can cause dizziness that increases the probability of occurrence of accidental falls in elderly patients.
- Lyrica drug may cause blurring or loss of vision. Most of these symptoms are temporary. However, you should consult your doctor if you feel any changes in vision.
- If you are a diabetic patient and gain weight while using Lyrica, you will need some changes in your diabetic medicines.
- Lyrica drug may cause heart failure in some patients especially in elderly patients with cardiovascular problems. You should tell your doctor if you have a history of heart disease before taking Lyrica.
- Few patients treated by anti-epileptics such as Lyrica drug experience thoughts of harming themselves. Immediately contact your doctor if you have any of these thoughts.
- Taking Lyrica with other drugs that may cause constipation (as some types of pain killers) may cause gastrointestinal problems (for example constipation and paralyzed bowel).
- Before taking Lyrica you should tell your doctor if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse.
- Few patients experience breathing difficulties while taking Lyrica. In general, you should tell your doctor if you have respiratory disorders, renal or hepatic impairment, or if you are older than 65.
You should not take Lyrica drug if you have ever had:
- Any lung disease such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Depression or suicidal thoughts.
- Any heart problem especially congestive heart failure.
- Low platelets level in blood.
- If you are on dialysis or have kidney disease.
- Diabetes (unless Lyrica is prescribed to treat diabetic neuropathy).
- Alcohol or drug addiction.
Lyrica drug and other medicines:
You should tell your doctor if you are taking or have recently taken or may take other medicines with Lyrica.
Lyrica potentiates effect of some drugs that have sedative effects such as opioids, sleeping pills, allergy medicines, muscle relaxants, and anti-anxiety drugs. This may lead to respiratory failure, coma, and death.
Lyrica drug side effects:
Report to your doctor any changes in your mood, behavior, or if you feel irritable, agitated, aggressive, or restless.
Call your doctor if you experience:
- Shallow breathing.
- Drowsiness, confusion, or weakness.
- Vision problems.
- Unusual bleeding.
- Rapid weight gain (especially for diabetic patients or patients with heart problems).
- Unexplained tenderness, or muscle pain.
- Trouble concentrating.
- Increased appetite.
- Dry mouth.
- Decrease in sexual interest.
- Loss of memory.
- Sedation and insomnia.
- Vertigo (problems with balance).
- Sore throat.
- Problems with erection.
- Painful menstrual period.
Children and adolescents:
- The safety and efficacy of Lyrica drug in children and adolescents (less than 18 years) have not yet been established.
- Lyrica is not prescribed for this age.
Driving and operating machines:
Due to the dizziness and decreased concentration that may be caused while using the Lyrica drug, it is not advised to drive or operate machinery or involve in any hazardous activities.
Lyrica drug and pregnancy:
If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant, consult your doctor about taking Lyrica. This drug will only be used if its potential benefits exceed the potential risk.
In animals, Lyrica in high doses showed an increased risk of fatal effects in the fetus.
Lyrica drug and breastfeeding:
Lyrica passes breast milk in small amounts. Talk to your doctor to stop the drug and recommend another alternative.
Lyrica drug is used for long-term treatment, always stick to the dose prescribed by your doctor, and try not to miss a dose or stop the drug suddenly.