mgs: is a common abbreviation of milligrams which is a mass unit.
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 480 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 240 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 120 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 60 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 14 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic tablets||Sleep disorder|
|£23 – £274|
Benzodiazepine group: a group of medications contain diazepam, lorazepam, flurazepam, clonazepam, chlordiazepoxide, and other. Benzodiazepine group act on CNS central nervous system as inhibits nerves activity.
What are mgs diazepam indications?
Due to the pharmacological activity of diazepam, there are many indications for use:
- Anxiety: diazepam is used in the treatment of anxiety in acute cases and severe cases.
- Seizures: diazepam is used in the treatment of seizures alone or combination.
- Sleeping disorder: that’s why diazepam is called a sleeping pill.
- Muscle spasm, spasticity, and rigidity.
- Sedation before surgery.
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome.
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
What are mgs diazepam dosage forms?
Diazepam is available in different dosage forms and has different strengths.
- Tablets: available in strengths 2mg, 5mg, 10mg.
- Injection forms: intravenous form in strengths 5mg/ml.
- Oral solutions: available in 1mg/ml, 5mg/ml.
Before starting mg diazepam, tips, and instructions you should follow:
- You should not use mgs diazepam for a long duration.
- You should not stop mgs diazepam suddenly.
- You should not drink alcohol.
- You should not drink or eat grapefruits.
- You should not drive.
- You should not operate machinery.
- You should not use mgs diazepam in concomitant use of other benzodiazepines or CNS depressant medications.
- You should not use mgs diazepam if you are pregnant, or planning.
- You should not use mgs diazepam if you are breastfeeding.
- You should not increase your dose by yourself.
- You should not advise the use of mgs diazepam to anyone his/her symptoms seem to be yours.
What is mgs diazepam adverse effects?
More common adverse effects:
- Memory impairment.
- Abdominal pain.
- Muscle weakness.
- Respiratory depression.
- Nasal congestion.
- Difficulty in urination.
- Blurred vision.
- Allergic reaction.
- Increase appetite.
- Trouble in speaking.
- Skin rash and urticaria.
- Elevated liver function enzymes.
- Impaired motor ability.
In severe cases you need to call your doctor if you feel the following symptoms:
- Trouble in sleeping.
- Thoughts about suicides.
- Panic attacks.
- Changes in behavior and mood.
- Worsening anxiety.
- Excessive increase in activity and talking.
Your doctor will advise you to monitor the following:
Follow your doctor instructions and monitor the following parameters:
- Blood pressure.
- Heart rate.
- Respiratory rate.
- Mental status.
- Complete blood count.
- Liver enzyme level.
What are mgs diazepam contraindications?
there are many medical conditions contraindicated to use diazepam:
- If you have severe renal disease.
- If you have myasthenia gravis disease: auto-immune disease-causing muscle weakness.
- If you have a respiratory disorder like obstructive sleep apnea.
- If you have any psychotic disorder.
- If you are pregnant or planning.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have an allergy to diazepam or other benzodiazepines.
- If you age above 65 years or below 6 months.
mgs diazepam and other medications interactions:
- There are many interactions with diazepam, so you should revise your medications with the doctor before starting diazepam.
- This interaction may need to modify the dose of diazepam, and in some cases may avoid the use of diazepam.
Examples of interactions:
Medications should avoid use in concomitant use with diazepam:
- Fusidic acid.
Medications increase effects of diazepam:
- Magnesium sulfate.
Medications decrease effects of diazepam:
- Theophylline derivatives.
mgs diazepam and food interactions:
diazepam also interacts with food:
- Alcohol: sedative effect of diazepam increased with alcohol, so you should avoid drinking alcohol during the treatment with diazepam.
- Grapefruits: Drinking or eating grapefruits increase the effect of diazepam and may cause toxicity.
What are mgs diazepam withdrawal symptoms?
Withdrawal symptoms cause:
- Long duration uses of mgs diazepam.
- Suddenly stopping of diazepam.
Symptoms of withdrawal:
- Upset stomach.
- Mood change.
- Panic attacks.
- Suicidal attempts.
Management of diazepam withdrawal:
Under the supervision of your doctor, taper the dose.
What are mgs diazepam over-dosing symptoms?
Causes of diazepam over-dosing:
- Concomitant drinking alcohol or grapefruits.
- Concomitant use of medications that interact with diazepam and increase its effect.
- Taken a lot of tablets accidentally or intentionally.
Symptoms of over-dosing:
- Brady cardia.
- Reflex problems.
- Low blood pressure.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Muscle weakness.
Management of overdosing:
- Stop diazepam immediately.
- Call your doctor.
- Visit the emergency department:
- At the emergency department, your doctor will give you activated charcoal.
- Your doctor will protect your airway.
- Management of your low blood pressure.
- Your doctor will give you an antidote: flumazenil to antagonize diazepam effects.