Erectile dysfunction is the disability of making or keeping an erection of the penis to make sexual intercourse.
|Viagra ( Sildenafil 100mg ) generic tablets||Men health|
|£14.40 – £108.00|
It belongs to a family of medicines known as phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors.
They are used in treating erectile dysfunction in men.
Sildenafil is the first one of this family to be introduced in 1998.
In the first 6 years on the market, 20 million men were treated with it.
How does Sildenafil Sandoz work?
Sildenafil Sandoz works by making relaxation to the muscles of blood vessels which increases the blood flow to specific areas of the body.
Is Sildenafil Sandoz safe?
To make sure it is safe, tell your doctor if you have or had,
- Heart problems like chest pain, a heart rhythm disorder, or heart attack
- Increase or decrease in blood pressure
- Problems in the blood circulation
- Retinitis Pigmentosa (rare and inherited disorder causing the breakdown of the Retina cells and loss of the)
- Blindness partially or completely
- Bleeding problems
- Stomach ulcer
- Pulmonary Veno-occlusive disease PVOD (a medical condition that causes occlusion on the blood vessels carrying oxygen-rich blood from the lungs to the heart)
- Liver or Kidney diseases
- Blood cell disorders like sickle cell anemia (a problem in the red blood cells slowing or stopping the blood flow, and preventing oxygen from getting to tissues), multiple myeloma (cancer in the plasma cells), or leukemia (a type of cancer affecting the ability of the body to produce healthy blood cells).
- Peyronie’s disease ( deformity happening to the penis)
- If you were prevented from making sexual intercourse for health reasons
How Sildenafil Sandoz is taken?
Before taking any new drug, make sure to read the medication guide carefully and discuss it with your health care provider.
The dose of the drug is determined based on several factors, including the age and weight of the patient.
The severity of the medical condition and the type of the problem are also factors for determining the dose.
Sildenafil Sandoz is taken when needed, about half an hour or an hour before sexual intercourse.
It may be taken up to 4 hours before sexual intercourse, but no more than once a day.
Sildenafil Sandoz is not affected by food, it can be taken with or without food.
An erection of the penis will not occur by taking a pill; you have to follow the instructions given by the doctor exactly.
During sexual intercourse, feeling dizzy, nausea, numbness, tingling, pain in the chest, arms, neck, or jaw, get medical help immediately as this may be a sign of really serious side effects of Sildenafil Sandoz.
What happens if you miss a dose from Sildenafil Sandoz?
It is a drug to be taken when needed from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual intercourse, so if you miss the dose, just take it before the next sexual activity.
What about if you took too much of Sildenafil Sandoz?
Taking too much of the drug may increase the drug levels in your blood leading to dangerous overdose effects.
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Vision problems
- Upset stomach
- Chest pain
If you experience any of the above symptoms, go to the nearest hospital or call the poison center.
How will you know that Sildenafil Sandoz is working?
If you were able to maintain an erection of the penis during sexual activity, then the medication is working.
What are the side effects happening due to taking Sildenafil Sandoz?
The most common side effect that occurs to a percentage of 7 – 16 % of patients taking it is a headache.
Less common side effects
- Epistaxis (acute bleeding from the nose)
- Dyspepsia (indigestion)
- Insomnia (a sleeping disorder)
- Erythema (rash happening due to injury or inflammation in blood capillaries)
- Skin rash
When I should not take Sildenafil Sandoz?
If you are taking any of the following drugs, you may not be able to take the drug.
- elvitegravir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir DF
- isosorbide dinitrate
- isosorbide mononitrate
- nitroglycerin IV
- nitroglycerin PO
- nitroglycerin rectal
- nitroglycerin sublingual
- nitroglycerin topical
- nitroglycerin transdermal
- nitroglycerin translingual
Serious – Use alternative
- amyl nitrite
- eslicarbazepine acetate
- glyceryl trinitrate pr
- ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir & dasabuvir
- St John’s Wort
There is another list of about 84 drugs that should be monitored closely when taken with the drug.
Always tell your doctor about the drugs you are taking before taking a new one.
How can you store Sildenafil Sandoz?
Store the drug at a temperature between 59°F and 86°F which is the temperature of the room.
Revise with your doctor the information in this article to achieve the best benefit from the drug.