Sildenafil Teva 100 mg
Sildenafil Teva 100 mg
Sometimes it is embarrassing when talking about erectile dysfunction, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence, and may lead to relationship problems.
Also getting a problem in erection can be a warning sign for underlying health problems.
One of the most famous drugs that can be used to treat erectile dysfunction is Sildenafil Teva 100 mg.
|Viagra ( Sildenafil 100mg ) generic tablets||Men health|
|£15 – £108|
What is Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)?
It is the inability to reach or maintain a penile erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance.
In other words, it is having trouble in getting or keeping an erection enough for sex.
It is one of the most common sex problems that face men.
Physical Causes of erectile dysfunction:
- Limited blood flow in the penis.
- An early warning for more serious diseases like heart diseases, high blood pressure, high blood sugar level, and atherosclerosis (blocked arteries).
- High cholesterol level.
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Enlarged prostate or treatments for prostate cancer (radiation).
- Low testosterone level.
- Injury or surgery in the pelvic area,
Emotional Causes of erectile dysfunction:
- Worry about sex performance.
- Relationship problems.
Erectile Dysfunction may lead to some complications:
- Stress, and anxiety.
- Embarrassment and low self-confidence.
- Relationship problems.
- Unsatisfactory sex life.
Ways to prevent erectile dysfunction:
- Ask for a doctor’s help to manage diabetes, heart diseases, or other health conditions.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and stop smoking.
- Exercise regularly.
- Take serious steps to reduce stress and anxiety.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction:
Sildenafil Teva 100 mg is the drug of choice in treating erectile dysfunction.
Mode of action:
Sildenafil Teva 100 mg acts by relaxing the blood vessels in the penis, allowing more blood flow in the penis causing an erection (if you are sexually stimulated).
The usual adult dose:
- Always stick to the dose prescribed by your doctor or the pharmacist.
- The usual dose is one tablet approximately 1 hour before sexual activity.
- Take only one tablet a day.
- The time taken by sildenafil to work varies from person to person normally it takes between half an hour and an hour.
- It is preferred not to take sildenafil with a meal, as the onset of action may be delayed.
Renal dose adjustment:
- In the case of mild to moderate renal impairment, no dosage adjustment is required.
- For patients with severe renal impairment, the dosage will be reduced by your doctor according to the current case as sildenafil Teva 100 mg clearance is reduced in case of severe renal impairment.
Hepatic dose adjustment:
- Patients with moderate to mild hepatic impairment should consult their doctor to adjust the Sildenafil Teva 100 mg dosage.
- Sildenafil Teva 100 mg is not recommended for patients with severe hepatic impairment.
Dosage for elderly:
Dosage adjustment is not required for elderly patients less than 65 years old years.
Dosage for pediatrics:
Sildenafil Teva 100 mg is not indicated for individuals below 18 years old.
Don’t take sildenafil Teva 100 mg if you:
- Take any nitrate medication (sildenafil increases the hypotensive effect of nitrates leading to dangerous falls in the blood pressure).
- Have severe heart problems as of recent stroke, unstable angina (in the last 6 months), or cardiac failure (reduced pumping capacity of the heart).
- Have Severe liver problems.
- Have low blood pressure (below 90/50 mmHg), which may cause symptoms like dizziness, depression, blurry vision, or loss of consciousness.
- Have deformed penis.
- Less than 18 years old.
- Have sickle cell anemia (abnormality of red blood cells) or leukemia (cancer of blood cells).
- Have tinnitus (ringing in the ears).
- Take alpha-blockers (drugs prescribed for high blood pressure).
- Have a stomach ulcer or bleeding problem.
Possible side effects of sildenafil Teva 100 mg:
- Dyspepsia (indigestion).
- Rapid heartbeat.
- Dry mouth.
- Penile bleeding.
- Chest pain.
- Unstable angina.
- Some effects on vision (light sensitivity, blurred vision).
- Trouble sleeping.
- A temporary decrease in the blood flow to some parts of the brain.
- Increased frequency of urination.
- Sudden loss of hearing.
- Sinus congestion.
- Priapism (erection for more than 4 hours).
These drugs interact with sildenafil Teva 100 mg
- Nitrates and nitro-glycerine( taking sildenafil with nitrate medicines can cause a sudden decrease in blood pressure).
- Alpha-blockers (drugs used to treat high blood pressure or enlarged prostate).
- Protease inhibitors (a class of HIV drugs).
- Antifungal drugs (as ketoconazole and itraconazole).
- Antibacterial drugs (as clarithromycin).
- Antiseizure medications (as carbamazepine and phenobarbital).
- Blood thinners.
While taking sildenafil Teva 100 mg avoid:
- Drinking alcohol (alcohol increases the effect of sildenafil in lowering blood pressure, you become more subjected to fainting, flushing, dizziness).
- Grapefruit products (grapefruit increase the level of sildenafil in your body).
- Other medicines to treat impotence.
Overdose of sildenafil Teva 100 mg:
Doses of 200 mg don’t show any increase in efficacy but increase the probability of dangerous side effects (headache, flushing, dizziness, increased heartbeats).
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction, sildenafil Teva 100 mg is the best choice for you, discuss with your doctor the side effects of the drug to determine whether it is suitable for you or not.
Stick to the dose prescribed, get emergency help if you feel any signs of hazardous side effects.