|Xanax alprazolam 1mg generic tablets||Sleep disorder|
|£23 – £296|
Benzodiazepines promote sleep and relieve anxiety and worry by changing some chemical processes in the brain. Xanax 2mg is only used to treat severe anxiety, especially when associated with depression.
Xanax cannot be used for the treatment of depression. Xanax tablets should not be used as a long-term treatment of anxiety. The duration of treatment should not exceed 12 weeks including the tapering period.
Use alprazolam with caution in these cases:
- A myasthenia gravis where your muscles are week and tired.
- A respiratory problem or serious chest condition e.g. emphysema or chronic bronchitis.
- Sleep apnoea this is a condition which characteristic by breathing problem during sleep, even breathing can stop for a while.
- Severe liver problems.
Always remember to tell your doctor if you:
- feel so depressed or have suicidal thoughts.
- Have any mental illness that required hospital treatment.
- Have problems with your kidneys, lungs, or liver.
- Have a history of substance abuse or alcohol addiction.
- Has been treated for anxiety before and used other tranquilizers.
- If you have an operation and will receive general anesthesia and used to take Xanax 2mg.
Xanax 2mg with elderly
Benzodiazepines are associated with a high risk of fall in the elderly due to sedation and muscles weakness, so must be used with caution if you are older than 65 years.
Xanax 2mg with Children and adolescents
Benzodiazepines including Xanax 2mg should not be used with children and adolescents below the age of 18 years because no enough clinical trials approved their safety and efficacy.
Other medicines and Xanax
You should tell your doctor and pharmacist about all the drugs you are taking especially those drugs: medicines listed below, as the effect of Xanax or the other medicine, may change when taken at the same time: –
- Drugs used to treat anxiety or depression (e.g. nefazodone, fluvoxamine, fluoxetine).
- Opioids (e.g. morphine, codeine, or propoxyphene). Concomitant use is associated with a high risk of drowsiness, difficulties in breathing, coma, and maybe death. If both drugs are prescribed then the duration and the dose must be minimized.
- Drugs used to treat mental illnesses like schizophrenia.
- Medicines to treat epilepsy.
- Medicines for treating fungal infections (e.g. ketoconazole).
- Oral contraceptives (‘the pill’).
- Certain antibiotics (e.g. erythromycin).
- Cimetidine (for treating stomach ulcers).
- Diltiazem (used for angina and high blood pressure).
- Digoxin (used to treat various heart conditions).
- Medicines for HIV like ritonavir.
Xanax 2mg with food, drink, and alcohol
Alcohol increases the effect of Xanax 2mg, so It is important not to drink any alcohol with it. Take Xanax 2mg with or without food.
Xanax 2mg with pregnancy and breastfeeding
Xanax 2mg is categorized as D where benefits should outweigh the risks to use it as Xanax cross the placenta and may cause potential harm to the fetus.
The doctor must explain to you the potential risks.
Some of these risks are premature birth, low birth weight, hypoglycemia, and respiratory problems.
Xanax 2mg is excreted in breast milk, so it is not recommended to use it during breastfeeding. If using benzodiazepines is a must consider short-acting agents.
Xanax 2mg with driving and using machines
Xanax effect varies from person to person, you may feel sleepy more than the others, you must avoid activities that require a high level of alertness like driving or operating machinery until you know how Xanax can affect your mental functions.
How to take Xanax 2mg
Always take Xanax 2mg as the doctor prescribed, do not increase the dose by yourself. Do not swallow the tablet with alcohol.
The adults should start the dose by taking 0.25 or 0.5 three times daily per day. If the doctor decided that you need higher doses, the dose can be increased in small increments and will start with the night dose before the daytime doses.
You may reduce the dose if you had side effects, elderly, patients with kidney or liver problems should start with a low dose (250mg two or three times daily) and titrate it according to tolerance and efficacy. Xanax is not recommended for adolescents and children less than 18 years.
Duration of treatment should not exceed 12 weeks, Xanax should only be used for a short duration only. Your doctor will not prescribe Xanax for more than 4 weeks anyway and will ask you to revisit to assess the need for continue on Xanax 2mg.