Generic Xanax is Alprazolam.
Alprazolam has three brand names Xanax, Xanax XR, or Niravam.
|Xanax alprazolam 1mg generic tablets||Sleep disorder|
|£23 – £296|
What is generic Xanax Alprazolam?
Alprazolam is a triazolobenzodiazepine that belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines (also known as benzos). This group works in the central nervous system and acts by enhancing the activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. Benzodiazepines attach to certain receptors in the brain known as GABA receptors (Gamma-aminobutyric acid) and decrease the sensitivity of nerves to stimulation causing a calming and relaxing effect, that’s why benzodiazepines are known as central nervous system (CNS) depressants.
Benzodiazepines are used to treat various medical conditions. They may be used to treat anxiety, alcohol withdrawal, panic attacks, seizures, and in some cases act as a muscle relaxant.
Alprazolam is used as an antianxiety drug that helps in the treatment of anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and anxiety associated with depression. It may also be prescribed off-label for insomnia, depression, and premenstrual syndrome.
How to take Xanax?
Xanax should be used only and exactly as prescribed by the doctor. A medication guide should be available for this medication and you should read carefully the instructions inside it. You may need to change the dose after a while according to the doctor’s advice. This medicine must never be shared with another person especially those who have a history of drug abuse or addiction.
If you use the liquid form of Xanax measure carefully your dose using a measuring syringe.
The tablet form of Xanax should be swallowed not crushed or chewed.
Xanax should not be taken for longer than 4 months to treat anxiety disorders, and for no longer than 10 weeks to treat panic disorders.
Consult your doctor if symptoms persist or if they become worse.
Medical tests may be required for the long-term use of this drug.
Avoid stopping Xanax suddenly otherwise you may suffer undesirable withdrawal symptoms.
Xanax should be stored at room temperature, avoid sun, heat, moisture, and light.
Xanax liquid form is not used after 90 days.
What are the factors affecting how Xanax influences you?
There are several factors such as:
- Mental status while taking Xanax
- The usual adult dose for anxiety is 0.25 to 0.5 mg three times daily, the maximum dose is 4 mg per day.
- The usual adult dose for panic disorder is 0.5 mg three times daily, the maximum dose is 10 mg per day.
- The usual geriatric dose for anxiety is 0.25 mg two or three times daily.
- The usual geriatric dose for panic disorder is 0.25 mg two or three times daily.
If side effects appear the dose may be lowered. The minimum required effective dose should be administered.
In case of impaired renal function, you may need a dose adjustment and use it with caution.
Xanax elimination route:
Xanax is mainly eliminated in the urine.
Xanax overdose symptoms may include sleepiness, drowsiness, confusion, muscle weakness, slow reflexes, loss of coordination, fainting, coma, and death. Alcohol use at the same time as taking Xanax lead to a higher potential of overdose symptoms. You should call emergency medical attention if you experience overdose symptoms as it may be fatal.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while using Xanax.
- Avoid driving or using machines as dizziness or drowsiness side effects of Xanax may lead to a car accident or severe injuries.
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while using Xanax as they interact with Xanax leading to potentially dangerous side effects.
- Avoid concomitant use of opioids which may lead to respiratory depression, coma, or death.
- Avoid using Xanax for patients younger than 18 years old as safety and efficacy are not determined.
- You should talk to your doctor before starting Xanax if you are planning to become pregnant or you are breastfeeding.
Commonly reported side effects of Xanax such as:
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Memory impairment
- Blurry vision
- Decreased libido
- Weight gain or loss
- Increased or decreased appetite
Other side effects require immediate medical attention such as:
- Feeling forgetful
- Feeling sad or empty
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Difficulty with coordination
- Relaxed or calm
- Slurred speech
- Trouble concentrating
- Trouble speaking
- Unusual tiredness
This medicine may increase depression and suicidal thoughts.
There are 35 major (the risk outweighs the benefit) drug interactions with Xanax, 416 moderate (usually avoid combinations unless necessary) drug interactions with Xanax, and 40 minor (minimized risk) drug interactions with Xanax.
Always consult your doctor to ensure the information provided in this article and ask him/her for further information.