What is Lyrica medicine?
|Lyrica pregabalin 150mg generic||Pain relief|
|£71 – £107|
What are Lyrica medicine indications?
Due to its pharmacological activities, there are many different indications:
- Seizures: Lyrica medicine use in a certain type of seizure., that’s why it’s commonly known as an anticonvulsant.
- Neuropathic pain: which is a common complication of long-term diabetes, a severe nerve pain feeling burn sensation in nerves.
- Spinal cord injury: severe nerve pain follows spinal cord injury.
- Postherpetic neuralgia: a complication common occurs after herpes zoster infection.
- Fibromyalgia: use as an alternative agent in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
- Generalized anxiety disorder: so, it’s known as anxiolytic.
Lyrica medicine dosages and strengths:
Lyrica medicine is found in different dosages form; each dosage form may be available in different strengths:
- Oral solutions: available in strength 20mg/ml.
- Tablets: available in extended-release form in strengths 82.5mg, 165mg, 330mg.
- Capsules: capsules found in strengths 25mg, 50mg, 75mg, 100mg, 150mg, 200mg, 225mg, 300mg.
How to use Lyrica medicine?
Follow your doctor instructions:
- You should use it by your mouth.
- You should swallow the whole tablet.
- You should not chew tablet or crush it.
- You should take it in a scheduled manner.
- You should not stop it suddenly.
- You should avoid drinking alcohol in concomitant use.
- You may take Lyrica with or without food.
- You should keep it away from heat and light.
Lyrica medicine side effects:
Possible side effects of Lyrica medicine:
- Hypotension or hypertension.
- Abdominal pain.
- Chest pain.
- Weight gain.
- Peripheral edema.
- Contact dermatitis.
- Blurred vision.
- Dry mouth.
- Decreased libido.
There are also some side effects that occur in severe cases:
- Severe allergic reaction.
- Severe dizziness.
- Trouble in breathing.
- Mental problems.
- Suicidal attempts.
- Unusual change in your mood.
Lyrica medicine warnings and precautions:
There are warnings and precautions to use Lyrica in the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular disorder: use with caution in patients suffer from congestive heart failure, as peripheral edema is a common adverse effect.
- Peripheral edema: most common adverse effect of Lyrica so uses with caution in heart failure patients and concomitant use of drugs cause weight gain.
- Severe allergic and hypersensitivity reaction: avoid use if you have a previous history of allergic reaction.
- Severe renal impairment: a dose adjustment is required in renal impairment.
- Respiratory depression: a life-threatening condition that may occur especially in elderly patients and patients with obstructive pulmonary disease.
Tell your doctor if you have one of the following conditions before starting Lyrica medicine:
- If you have an allergy to Lyrica.
- If you have suicidal thoughts.
- If you have depression.
- If you have heart failure.
- If you have renal impairment.
- If you have a bleeding disorder like in the case of thrombocytopenia which decreases in platelet counts.
- If you have a respiratory disorder like a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
You should not do the following once start the use of Lyrica medicine:
- You should not drive.
- You should not operate machinery.
- You should not drink alcohol in concomitant with a treatment.
- You should not use it if you have a previous allergy.
- You should not stop suddenly without referring to your doctor.
Lyrica medicine and interactions with other medications:
You should revise your medications before starting to use Lyrica as there are many interactions.
Examples of these interactions:
- Medications should avoid in concomitant use:
- Medications decrease the effect of Lyrica:
- Medications increase effects of Lyrica:
- Magnesium sulfate.
Lyrica medicine also affects efficacy and safety of other medications:
- CNS depressant.
- Oxybate salt products.
Lyrica medicine in special populations:
Certain precautions to use in special populations:
- Elderly: Lyrica medicine use with caution in the elderly especially if suffer from a respiratory disorder, start with a low dose, and increase it gradually.
- Cardiac patients: due to major side effects of Lyrica medicine, use with caution in patients suffering from congestive heart failure.
- Pediatrics: Lyrica medicine is not been FDA approved now in pediatrics.
- Renal impairments: you should tell your doctor if you have renal impairment as a specific dose adjustment is required according to the degree of impairment.
- Pregnancy: should avoid use in pregnancy, only in certain conditions and under the supervision of your doctor may be used to control seizure.
- Lactation: Lyrica medicine should be avoided in lactating women as it may be secreted in breast milk.