|Lyrica pregabalin 150mg generic||Pain relief|
|€79.00 – €119.00|
Gabapentinoids, specially Pregabalin, elevate the risks of injuries, suicidal behavior, overdoses, and accidents. These risks are particularly high for teens and young adults.
The increased risk to young people expected to be because they are more likely to have Pregabalin with alcohol or other drugs.
Also, younger people may be more vulnerable to the emotional and psychological side effects which can be part of Pregabalin titration and withdrawal.
Let’s recognize Pregabalin dosage first to understand the importance of the accurate following of the prescribed dosage by the health care provider, to avoid the risks of Pregabalin overdose.
Your doctor will determine the dose suitable for your condition. You should follow your doctor’s instructions carefully and use Pregabalin exactly as prescribed otherwise you may experience risks of Pregabalin overdose.
The recommended dose is determined according to the patient’s kidney function and the medical condition treated.
For the oral forms (capsules or Liquid form):
the starting dose recommended is 150 mg per day in divided doses. The doctor will recommend increasing the dose gradually. Depending on the patient’s condition, the maximum dose could reach 300 mg per day, 450 mg per day, or 600 mg per day.
- The initial dose for neuropathic pain that happens with diabetes is 165 mg per day and could be increased to a maximum of 330 mg dose per day.
- The initial dose for the painful rash that occurs after herpes zoster infection is 165 mg per day and gradually increased to a maximum of 660 mg dose per day.
- Prescriptions for Pregabalin increased obviously in the latest decades as its use expanded for a range of clinical conditions outside epilepsy to treat anxiety, insomnia, neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, and other psychiatric and mental issues. Also, Pregabalin is used increasingly in the black market.
- Many pharmacovigilance databases have warned for potential abuse liability and overdose fatalities related to Pregabalin.
- Researchers have noticed an increase in overdoses in England as a result of Pregabalin misuse.
- Researchers of public health and epidemiology concluded that the number of overdose deaths involving the combination of Pregabalin and opioids has increased substantially.
- Hence, health care professionals should be aware when prescribing Pregabalin.
- If you exceed the prescribed Pregabalin dose for you by your doctor call the local poison control center immediately or ask for emergency medical attention.
Poison control center:
The majority of medications have side effects that if the patient experienced an overdose of the drug these side effects may be life-threatening.
The poison centers are specialized units that help in the prevention of, diagnosis, and management of poisoning.
Some poisons centers may include toxicology laboratories and clinical treatment units.
Databases are available and saved by poison centers including databases of drug formulations and toxicological databases. These data help reduce the incidence of poisoning.
- When Pregabalin was first licensed to treat other conditions such as neuropathy pain, fibromyalgia, anxiety disorders, and neuralgia It was thought to be less addictive than benzodiazepines and a better alternative to highly addictive opiate-based painkillers. However, over years it became obvious that Pregabalin abuse is more common and can cause dependence and addiction.
- Tolerance and dependence of Pregabalin develop over time and with frequent use. Withdrawal of Pregabalin abuse may lead to seizures or severe psychological reactions.
Withdrawal symptoms are:
The advisory council on the misuse of drugs reported a 350% elevation in the prescribing of Pregabalin in the UK from 2007 to 2012.
Pregabalin may cause suicidal tendencies in a very small number of patients. If you notice any of these symptoms call your health care provider at once:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Depression new or elevated
- Anxiety new or elevated
- Pain attacks
- Angry, aggressive, or violent behavior
- Dangerous impulses
- Hyperactivity and too much talking
- Unusual behavior or mood changing
If you have suicidal actions do not stop Pregabalin suddenly you should call your doctor first as it may cause serious problems
Swelling of hands legs and feet: which could be a serious problem for patients with heart diseases.
Dizziness and insomnia: Do not perform dangerous activities work with hard machines or drive a car.
Changes in eyesight: Like blurred vision, call your doctor for advice.
Muscle pain weakness or soreness: If you have a fever or feel sick, call your doctor right away.
Euphoria (feeling extreme happiness laugh or joy).
Weight gain: It can be a serious problem for diabetic patients or patients with heart diseases.
– Do not take Pregabalin if you notice any allergic reactions.
– Do not drink alcohol while using Pregabalin.