Diazepam 2mg for back pain
Diazepam 2mg for back pain
Back pain symptoms:
In some cases, pain may radiate down to the legs that lead to pain get worse by bending, twisting, standing, lifting, or walking.
Back pain makes you uncomfortable and debilitating.
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 480 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 240 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 120 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 60 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 14 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic tablets||Sleep disorder|
|€32.00 – €279.00|
What are the causes of back pain?
There are many causes of back pain:
- Strain: strained muscles, muscle tension, fractures, injuries, or damaged disks.
Some activities may lead to strain like lifting something improperly or too heavy.
- Structural problems: eg osteoporosis, arthritis, ruptured disks, bulging disks, sciatica, or kidney problems.
- Sleep disorder.
- Cancer of spine.
- Infection of the spine.
- Nerve infection.
- Movement and posture:
- Pushing, pulling, or lifting.
- Muscle tension.
- Long driving sessions without break.
What is the risk factor of back pain?
A lot of risk factors are contributing to back pain:
- Older age.
- Poor physical fitness.
- Genetic factors.
- Medical issues like cancer or arthritis.
- Incorrect physical exercise.
- Stress, anxiety.
How to diagnose back pain?
Back pain can be diagnosed by imaging scans: x-rays, MRI, CT scans, bone scans, or Electromyography.
How to prevent suffering from back pain?
- Quit smoking.
- Weight loss.
- Avoid improper movement.
- Relieve stress.
- A healthy diet contains calcium and vitamin D.
When do you need to see a doctor?
You need to see your doctor if you:
- feels numbness or tingling.
- Your pain is not improved by rest.
- Back pain with fever.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- After fall and injury.
What is a treatment of back pain?
Treatment could be home remedies, medical treatment, physical therapy, or surgery.
- Home remedies: applying ice back or hot compressor and resting.
- Physical therapy.
- Surgical and other procedures.
- Alternative medicine: massage, yoga, acupuncture.
- Pain relivers: such as ibuprofen.
- Muscle relaxant: take care that muscle relaxant makes you dizzy and sleepy.
- Topical pain relievers.
What is diazepam?
Diazepam is one member of the benzodiazepine group.
Therapeutic indications of diazepam:
- Cerebral palsy.
- Muscle spasm.
- Adjunct therapy in seizure.
- Acute alcohol withdrawal.
- Premedication before surgery.
What are contraindications of diazepam?
Diazepam is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to benzodiazepine.
- Myasthenia gravis.
- Sleep apnea.
- Respiratory depression, acute and chronic respiratory insufficiency.
- Severe hepatic impairment.
- Pregnancy, or planning pregnancy.
Adverse effects of diazepam:
- Nervous system: drowsiness, ataxia, tremor, impaired motor ability, headache, and slurred speech.
- Cardiac disorders: rare side effects such as bradycardia.
- Vascular disorder: hypotension or syncope.
- Respiratory disorders: respiratory depression.
- General disorder: fatigue, palpitation, withdrawal symptoms, aggression, irritability, delirium, gastrointestinal disorder, sweating, and general malaise.
Precautions when you take diazepam:
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- Do not take diazepam without checking your doctor.
- Do not use diazepam for a longer duration.
- Do not stop taking diazepam suddenly.
- Be careful if you are elderly, drinking alcohol, or taking another medication.
Overdose of diazepam:
The symptoms of diazepam overdose including ataxia, drowsiness, sedation, muscle weakness, bradycardia, nystagmus, in extreme overdosage may lead to coma, areflexia, cardio-respiratory depression, and apnea.
Management of diazepam overdose:
- Maintain a clear airway.
- Activated charcoal.
- Monitor level of consciousness.
- Management of hypotension by raising the foot.
- Benzodiazepine antagonist (flumazenil).
Diazepine 2mg for back pain:
- diazepam 2mg for back pain is one of the muscle relaxant medications use in the treatment of back pain, as providing effective pain relief for acute lower back pain.
- Although benzodiazepines are used in 300,000 US ED visits for LBP annually. The action of benzodiazepines may be related to centrally mediated action on the skeletal muscle or may instead work by mitigating anxiety about the condition or numbing a patient to the pain.
- Diazepam 2mg for back pain may be used alone as monotherapy or in combination with another analgesic medication such as NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) e.g., naproxen.
- Benzodiazepine 2mg for back pain is more effective than NSAID monotherapy for the treatment of acute, non-traumatic low back pain.
Drug-drug interaction with diazepam 2mg for back pain:
They may be serious interaction if you take the following medication in concomitant use of diazepam:
- Sodium oxybate.
Other drugs need close monitoring during concomitant use with diazepam:
- Chloral hydrate.
Food should be avoided during taking diazepam:
- Alcohol: you should not drink alcohol while taking diazepam.
This medication can increase the effects of alcohol. You may feel more drowsy, dizzy, or tired.
- Grapefruits: Grapefruit juice or grapefruit products may increase blood levels of diazepam.