Diazepam for sciatica
Diazepam for sciatica
What is sciatica?
Sciatica pain: pain that radiates from the lower back through hips and buttocks and down each leg. caused by a problem with the sciatic nerve.
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 480 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 240 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 120 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 60 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic 14 tablets||Sleep disorder|
|valium diazepam 5mg generic tablets||Sleep disorder|
|€32.00 – €279.00|
What does sciatica pain feel like?
- symptom of sciatica is mainly lower back pain.
- The pain is radiating through the hip and buttock and down the leg.
- The pain usually affects only one leg.
- The pain may get worse when you sit, cough, or sneeze.
- The leg may also feel numb, weak, or tingly at times.
- the pain is sharp, shooting, burning, electric, or stabbing.
What are the risk factors for sciatica?
- Obesity and overweight.
- An active, physical job: heavy lifting may increase your risk of low back problems and use of your back, or jobs with prolonged sitting.
- Diabetes: Diabetes increases your risk of nerve damage, which increases your chance of sciatica and neuropathic pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis can cause damage to the spine.
- Improper lifestyle: Sitting for a long period can increase your risk of sciatica.
- Smoking: The nicotine can damage spinal tissue and speed the wearing down of vertebral disks.
What is a treatment of sciatica?
if you cannot control your pain by home remedies, your doctor may suggest for you one of the following approaches.
- Medications: anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxants, narcotics, tricyclic antidepressants, or anti seizures.
- Physical therapy.
- Steroid injection
- Alternative medicine: acupuncture, chiropractic.
What should/not you do to control your pain?
You should do:
- Regular exercise
- Apply hot packs on a painful part.
- Refer to your pharmacist, and ask about painkillers like paracetamol, or ibuprofen.
- Put pillows underneath your knees, when lying on your back.
You should not do:
Sit or lie down for a long time.
What are the complications of sciatica?
Sciatic may cause nerve damage that may lead to loss of sensation, weakness of affected limb, and loss of bowel function.
What are home remedies?
Self-care treatment will help you to feel better and control your pain.
Many measurements you can apply at home:
- Cold packs.
- Hot packs.
- Pain relievers medication (over-the-counter medications).
Over-the-counter medications are also known as OTCs are the medications that you can buy without a prescription.
Diazepam for sciatica:
What is diazepam?
Diazepam is an anticonvulsant medication and has FDA approved for treating anxiety, alcohol withdrawal syndrome, insomnia, or muscle pain.
Also, there are many indications for using diazepam, there are many contraindications.
What are contraindications of diazepam?
- Hypersensitivity of diazepam.
- Severe hepatic impairment.
- Sleep apnea: in another word called obstructive sleep apnea as it occurs during sleep. Sudden stop of breathing during sleep.
- Respiratory depression.
- Myasthenia gravis: is an autoimmune disease that affects skeletal muscle causing weakness.
- Pediatric patient under 6 months of age.
- Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Adverse reactions of diazepam:
Most reported adverse reactions are:
- Muscle weakness.
Also, there are many adverse effects reported:
- Central venous system: confusion, depression, dysarthria, headache, slurred speech, tremor, or vertigo.
- Gastrointestinal system: constipation, nausea, gastrointestinal disturbances.
- Special senses: blurred vision, diplopia, dizziness.
- Cardiovascular system: hypotension.
- Urogenital system: urinary retention, incontinence, changes in libido.
- Skin: skin reaction.
- Psychiatric reactions: hallucination, irritability, delusions, insomnia, increased muscle spasticity, stimulation, restlessness.
- Laboratories: elevated liver function test.
- Elderly: effect of diazepam is extended in elderly patients due to decreased clearance, which required the use of small doses and increases gradually if the patient tolerates it.
- Obese: all benzodiazepines have prolonged action in obese
- Psychotic: not recommended.
- Pediatric: diazepam is contraindicated in a child under 6 months of age
- Pregnancy: there is a high risk of congenital malformations and developmental abnormalities with the use of diazepam during pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding: not recommended to use diazepam in lactating women, as diazepam passes into breast milk.
Diazepam for sciatica:
As diazepam has a muscle relaxant effect, it can be safely used in the treatment of sciatica.
Diazepam for sciatica may inhibit neuropathic pain.
Drug-drug interactions with diazepam for sciatica:
They may be serious interaction if you take the following medication in concomitant use of diazepam:
- Sodium oxybate.
Other drugs need close monitoring during concomitant use with diazepam:
- Chloral hydrate.
Things should not do when you take diazepam:
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
- Do not suddenly stop taking diazepam if you suffer from a seizure.
- Do not give diazepam to anyone in pain seems likely to you
- Do not give diazepam to the elderly, anyone drinking alcohol, or taking other medications before asking the doctor.